Sunday, September 25, 2011

The finished projects.

aHere are the pictures I promised you yesterday.  Let me preface this post by commenting on the fact that in my opinion, things always look messier in pictures than they really are.  I swear, what you are about to see IS rather neat...  (urgh.)


My son's before & after closet picture.
Before: shoe bag used to be on the door...door wouldn't shut. Now, shoes, undies, pj's, and socks in the black basket storage system.
Door shuts!

                              
 bedroom wall before & after

Again...the above 2 pics look much neater in person... (can you tell how much that bothers me????)


He's thrilled with his "new room"... oh and in case you're wondering why that peg board is hanging inside the window ~ The window looks out onto an enclosed porch, which is now a walk-in closet...had to hide the mess in a functional way!

Now, I don't have a 'before picture' of the loveseat "pre-sofa table" but that's okay.  Here's the after:


                    There's a LOT of wood in this room. I know!
It's hickory wood panels.  I really don't mind it. Some people think we should drywall it. Nahhh.  It's quite cozy really...when the lights are low, it's kind of "lodge-like." We always wanted to stone that wall on the right and put in a gas fireplace & hang the tv over it...  But with the $9,000 estimate, we decided to just light a candle!  :)  LOL! 
The picture to the left here, is the top of the new sofa table...and below you can see the new bookcases I bought at the thrift store, with the craft drawers between them.  The whole thing truly works out just smashingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment