Saturday, September 24, 2011

the new yard

Ok, so it took me forEVER to post these pictures.  It's been raining buckets, on and off, for I swear....months.

So here are the pics...with a bit of progress.  I could kick myself every time I forget to take a "before picture."  So here's a DURING pic:
75% done.

 (laying layers of newspaper on top of the dirt - or in this case, dead grass sprayed with Round Up - will prevent weeds from growing through the mulch...or at least for a little while.)


this would've gone MUCH faster, mind you, had E. not read every article before placing it on the ground...'mommy, did you know there's a family in Rockville MD with 11 kids?"

(view from the back alley)

looks a bit barren, I know, but everything will be bursting with color next year!  Can't wait!

And finally!  Our first fire!

Need I say more??

No comments:

Post a Comment