Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love My Job!

...I love my job.

There are VERY few people in this world that can say that!  Not only am I lucky to love the job I have, I'm luck to have "a" job! I feel very blessed for that.

So...this week in Occupational Therapy, my students are going to be cutting & following directions to assemble this
A-W-E-S-O-M-E creation!!! 


Last week at our town's Applefest, I bought a haunted house kit, from the local Council for the Arts.  Laurie, a local artist, had created this and was selling individual kits. "GREAT," I thought.  "Perfect for my students!!!!!"  I just now got around to checking this out.  I was WAY disappointed to find out Laurie had copyrighted the project.  Hmmph.  

Then I had a lightbulb moment!!  I remembered she has a website!  SO, I went on-line and found it...and on it was her phone number!  SO...
I called her right up. She was very pleased to find out I wanted to do this. She immediately allowed me to trace the pattern and make as many copies as I'd like, for my student's use.  

Tonight, my kids and I put together the kit I bought. It is such a cute house!  My kids loved helping with it and I'm sure my students will too!  They LOVE crafts!  So many parents these days don't have time to devote to crafting at home.  The kids THRIVE on it! 

So off to Michael's tomorrow before school to load up on Halloween stickers, and purple card stock!  

Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment