Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brownie Woopie Pies...

These are, hands down, the easiest and least time consuming desserts I've ever made!!  The caloric content doesn't thrill me...but the fact that I could make these for a classroom party for my kids' birthday celebration at school in less than 30 minutes (not including cooling time) thrills me!!  And honestly...what kid is counting calories anyway??  I'll tell ya though, I felt like a kid when I was eating mine!  That icing is SO good....and if you eat it when the brownie is cool....but still slightly warm....you'll be in heaven.  I swear! 
Recipe:  Yield 12 woopie pies
1 box Duncan Hines brownie mix (19oz. box)
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1/2 can vanilla frosting
Using a wooden spoon, mix eggs, oil, and brownie mix just until it is moistened.  Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Drop 1T. batter onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.  Makes 24 brownie cookies.  Bake at 350 for 11-14 minutes.  Let cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes, and then transfer to rack. Cool.  Spread frosting between 2 brownie cookies.  Delish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment