Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wegman's

So, we've been talking forever about wanting to go to Wegmans!  School was finally over and we hadn't quite gotten into the summer camps and all the hustle and bustle that summer has to offer!! So, off to Wegman's we went!  I truly didn't know what to expect.  Everyone always talks about "the variety" of different departments of the store.  Well....much to our surprise, not only did they have a variety...but they had the most lovely assortment of already prepared foods to buy and eat right there in their cafe! I'm sure all of  you already knew this, but I really didn't!  We had a couple different kinds of sushi rolls, which were (without a doubt) our favorite part!!  What I loved the most was watching the sushi dudes making it.  Looks pretty technical!! 
We bought a nice amount of things on our first trip, but not overkill.  I think my favorite thing we bought was the chicken sausage.  Honestly, I forget exactly what the name was on the package...but the first night, we ate 'as is'...right off the grill with some corn on the cob (a.k.a. - C on the C) and grilled asparagus. So good!!  Oh my!  The 2 sausages that were leftover we had the next night. I topped on our grilled pizza, along with BBQ sauce, fresh spinach leaves (from my garden), cheddar, grilled red bell pepper (I grilled them in foil packs first), the sausage, and a light sprinkle of bleu cheese.  It was so yummy!  Oh, and the raw dough I bought there too.  I believe it was the 28oz. size.  I googled 'how to grill a pizza' and got plenty of advice.  I lightly oiled both sides of the dough prior to grilling.  You MUST not skip that step!! 


Here's a picture of the deliciousness!!! 



The cheese hadn't quite melted yet, but you get the gist!!


Anyway...it was a fantastic journey to Wegman's....and yes....I had to call it a journey, because it truly was!!  Even the kids liked it and said they wouldn't mind going back! 



Ooh, and while I'm at it...I'll just tell you quickly what I did with the seafood sausage I bought there.... saute onion and garlic in some olive oil.  Add 1 can crushed tomatoes, a lot of basil (I just used dried), a swirl of cream, a 'squirt' of concentrated pesto, and the grilled seafood sausage, which I sliced into medallions after grilling.  Pour that over some penne with a sprinkle of parm, and you're all set.  So good!!  Pour yourself a glass of wine, grab some yummy, chewy bread, and have at it!!! Mmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment