Thursday, June 23, 2011

My friends......My sanity

You know how you just LOVE your husband and you LOVE your kids and they're just great...they're just perfect...you wouldn't change a thing about them (well....maybe!...).  But then you just have the urge to talk to someone different.  Someone who won't really judge you...who tells you the way it is...but nicely.  You sit together on the porch or chat on the phone for a bit and this person just 'gets it.'  I love that feeling.  The feeling that "Oh good, she gets it...I'm not weird." 
I just love my friends.  I have a lot.  They're ALL so extremely different.  My best friend couldn't be more opposite than me, but that's what's great about our relationship.  When she moved to another town (...another state)  we knew our friendship would stay strong, but that it would change. Of course it would....our lives would change in that we wouldn't be chatting about 'so and so' and what the kindergarten teacher said that day.  But what we WOULD do is stay close. But we'd need to make a conscious effort to make that happen.   
My world has been a whirlwind since she left.  I've made wonderful friends that have filled that void.  These friends will never replace her...but have become my sanity in keeping me feeling normal.  They've "added to" my happy place.  So many people make me feel happy.  All I need to do is think of them and it makes me smile.  No need to be around miserable people.  Life's too short for that! 
So go out and find a friend.  One that makes you feel yummy inside...one that makes you feel giddy...one that makes you feel sane!!  Everyone needs a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment