Monday, June 27, 2011

Vacation Day 2:

Morning: There’s nothing like waking up in your bed, rolling over, and looking out the window onto the Atlantic Ocean. The sky is still pink from the sunrise an hour ago…and it’s gorgeous. Seagulls are squawking…waves are crashing…. Only thing missing is a cup of coffee on my nightstand. But I know if I go upstairs to get one, my “morning bedtime” will end.
Afternoon: My kids are like fish.  (I thought evolution was about apes??)  Seriously, they were in the ocean ALL DAY LONG!  Diving under waves...boogie boarding...and attempting to skim.  Nick got his first "skim lesson" from another kid his age.  It was extremely cute watching the 2 of them.  Nick listening very closely as the other kid explained in great detail.  Nick would try...then fall most times.  He only stopped because he dropped the skim board on his toe.  Poor guy!  
Evening: My day to cook.  Made 3 spaghetti sauces - meat sauce, spicy red bell pepper, and vodka sauce.  All were great!  I made a new rule (gotta love creating rules to suit yourself, huh?): when it's your night to cook, you ALSO clean up, but then you're done for the whole week!  So for the remainder of the week...I'll eat and relax!  No guilt of 'ooh...maybe I should help in the kitchen.'  Perfect rule!
Night: Elise and I are now sharing a bed.  Hope she's not a kicker! 

No comments:

Post a Comment