Friday, June 24, 2011

The Prep...

You all know how it is...preparing for vacation...

The week before, you get 'the list' ready.  (...and if you're like me, you then lose the list!)
You grocery shop, do some make-ahead-meals and freeze them to take along, laundry, run all over the house to pack the beach bag, sunscreen, laundry detergent, clothespins, bedsheets, fishing rods, boogie boards, beach chairs, beach umbrella, cancel the newspaper and mail, call your neighbor to water the garden, more laundry, flip flops, camera & charger, laptop & charger, cell phone & charger (seriously??  can't there be just ONE universal charger?), more laundry... oh goodness!!!  You get the idea!!  So when does the vacation actually start?  When do you FEEL that it was all worth it??  Is it after the 7 hour car ride that is hopefully a smooth ride (but only if the portable DVD player works properly, and only if you remember to pack enough snacks to last the entire trip, and only if there is a bathroom on the way...when you NEED it!!) 
Yes...the preparation is incredibly taxing.  I do love it though...all the hype. I love the hype. 
I even had to call my mother-in-law the other day to tell her "the homemade spaghetti sauces are done and in the freezer!"  (she just giggles). 

So when do I feel it is all worth it??  For me, it's never a question really, I guess.  Because I know the minute I step out of my van and smell the beach air....it was worth it!!  Anyone else love that smell??  I can't get enough of it. (Even the smell of the nasty ol' bay is something to look forward to!!)  Wish I could bottle up some of that beach air.



Our trip begins in 2 days!!!  The countdown is on!  And honestly, I think I'm more excited than my kids!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment