Tuesday, August 2, 2011

...$10.62 worth of thrifting...

It's been a while since I've had time to go to my favorite, local thrifting spots.  Today was a good day!  I only had about 20 minutes, and I scored big during that time.  Sometimes, it's when I'm in a rush that I find the best things.  You?

For $10.62 I got a leather purse, large ceramic pot, medium ceramic pot, 2 coffee mugs, 2 happy hour glasses, and a gift! 

Check it out!!! 

I've been looking for a brown leather purse forEVER.  I continue to use my one-shoulder black backpack because it's easy, it's light-weight, and it's 'hands free' when I  need it to be.  But you know, sometimes that backpack isn't the look I want. But to spend $80-100 on a leather purse...well...I can't justify that. 

Why are you so excited, you ask?

 Because THIS is the exact size and shape I was looking for.  AND the best part??  It was $3bucks!!  AND it's leather!!!  (uhhh...can I say double-take?)

But that's not all!!  I continued on my way...with a grin on my face, and came across these lovelies...  a celery colored planter pot for my new IKEA plant ~ perfect size and cool shape. 62 cents (yes, 62)...and these cute little (dirty...sorry!) happy hour glasses!  One for me.  One for a friend.  Perfect.  Cute.  25cents.

Makes me want to sing M.C. Hammer's   .....  "Can't touch this..."


And how perfect does that plant fit in the pot? 



So I continued on my way down the street to the next shop.  I know this doesn't look like much of anything, but in person, they're much cuter. 
The pot is for another new houseplant for my kitchen. $3.50
2 IKEA coffee mugs. 25cents each
And a beautifully floral stamped white decorative plate with the cutest little bird on it for a dear friend who wants to add some white plates to her picture wall.  Perfect for her!  $2.50




So yes, all in all, it was a great 20 minutes of shopping!! And what did I spend??  Pennies people!!  Pennies!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment