Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cool art.

I love silhouettes.  We have one of Chris when he was young..probably around age 5...  I'm not sure why we don't have any others, considering they were fairly popular back in the 70's.  I remember my mom having a few as well of her family.  Small ones.

I saw this on a blog and thought it was VERY cool!  Somewhat of a retro spin on "silhouetting."  What do you think?




I have this wall of frames going up my stairs.  All the frames were empty for a very long time...I actually like them empty.  It's "art" in itself really.  But then I got tired of the 'blankness' and added some scrapbooking paper.  Here's what I came up with:

                                                                       (see Chris' littel head in there?...circa 1973'ish)

So I was pretty proud of my wall.  My mom, on the other hand HATES it.  It was quite apparent when she looked at it and said, "Ah.  Oh.  Ok."  My plan is it use some of the architectual photos I took in Fells Point and add them to some frames...
(this is a section of a beautiful gate)
(this is a carved embellishment on the side of a very ornate church)

 along with some family B&W's.  And now...maybe silhouettes in there too! 

What do you think?  I'll keep you posted on it's progress. 
...may be a while!! 

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this and thought of you...and your frames. http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/2010/09/inexpensive-autumn-decor.html

    ReplyDelete