Sunday, August 14, 2011

Virginia Wine Country...

What can I say?? There's nothing better than going on a weekend get-away with 4 of your closest friends. Hubby at home taking care of the kids...no one to worry about but yourself...it's marvelous!!                     
                                 Simply MARvelous!

We went to 7 different wineries around the Charlottesville VA area....I think.  Gee, maybe it was 8.  I was...um...well...enjoying myself so much, that I lost count.  If you go to Virginia and are looking for several wineries within 10 miles of each other...here are a few:

Blenheim (which is Dave Matthews winery that he helped to design and construct) - okay wine. Pretty view and a cool raised deck!

Pollak - good wine! There very briefly...friendly wine dude.  Didn't go out on the porch, but it had fantastic views.  Wish we could've stayed longer.

Afton Mountain - lovely patio to accompany the great cheese, bread, and peach salsa! 

Veritas - cool tour! (thanks Cathy!) If you're looking for a gorgeous place for a wedding reception...look no further!  Beautiful accommodations!

Cardinal Point - can't say I remember this one!!  Woops! 

Pippin Hill Farm - I'd say Veritas and Pippin Hill were equal in loveliness.  You must google search these places!  Again...a perfect setting for a wedding and/or reception!

Sharp Rock - a very laid-back, rustic kind of place.  It's in an old barn with a B&B on the property, consisting of a 2 BR cottage and a 1 BR carriage house, along with the owner's home. 

We had absolute gut-busting laughter, about 95% of the time. 


The other 5%, we were sleeping.

this pic was outside the Blenheim winery

I guess I remember 'most' of the trip!  I'm glad I'm an adult and know what it feels like to have too much to drink.  I think I did a pretty good job knowing my limitations.  But...boy...did I sleep well!

...last day...quick stop at Stone Rock...

I'll post more pics as I get them.  They are all just fabulous!
I'd love to go back for a weekend with Chris...just wish he drank wine!









1 comment: