Sunday, August 21, 2011

...a night away...



What can I say?  It was great!  We had such a wonderful time.  We have explored the Baltimore area so often, and have such a good time that we continue to go back...and back...and back! 
We have found that Fells Point is our favorite section of the harbor.  Nothing can beat cobblestone streets and waterfront living.



A dear friend of mine has opened my eyes to the world of photography...not that I'm a great photographer, by any means (!), but I do look at things differently now.  On this trip, I really loved checking out all the architecture of the old buildings. 
Anyone remember the show "Homicide?"  The outside of that building is in Fells Point.  I loved the top of the building (see below)



Reminds me of an old courthouse or library. 
We spent most of the daytime there and had our fill of the 'happy hour scene.'  After checking into the hotel and walking around a bit, Chris decided we should check out Little Italy.  Much to our surprise it was the Annual Italian Festival on the streets of Little Italy!  WHO KNEW?? 

What a great time.  There really wasn't that much to it, but just being in a city...being the minority for a change...chummin' with so many people with different accents/different backgrounds...well, it made me glad to step away from Chambersburg for a bit and get a taste of some cultural diversity.  And boy did we!!!  Can I just say, I hit it off with the ol' italian men!  They loved my "white teeth" and spunk.  (????  I know.  Weird.)  I went up to the booth to get a cup of wine, and they unfortunately were out of white. The ol' guy looked at me and with his Itaian accent said, "ooh...I got somethin' for ya, hon."  He reached down under the booth and grabbed an opened bottle of pinot.  He said it was his own private stash from a party he had earlier. I was a bit skeptical to drink that "hand-me-down wine" for fear he drank from the bottle himself.  But hey...it's alcohol...germs are probably nill to none, right?  He filled my cup, but still had a bit left.  He said, "This is on the house sweetie, since we ran out of the other stuff."  I looked at his bottle, and there was a swig left.  Not enough for another cup ~ so of course, I said, "aw...look at that lil' sip.  You should just give me the bottle!"  ...

and HE DID!!!  bbwwuuuaaahahahahahahahahahahhaa!!!!!!!  Love that guy!! 

We ended the night at an Italian restaurant for dinner, followed by some night-life at The Howl at the Moon...which is a dualing piano bar.  If you've never been to one, add it to the top of your list.  Those dudes can play ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.  It's insane really.  There were wall to wall people and I loved every minute of it. 
I just wish I was a night owl.
Chris wishes I was too! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ooolala...I love Baltimore! Sounds like a great night away...remind me to tell you about me going to college there a few blocks from inner harbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Fells Point too! Try Blue Moon Cafe and a Spanish tapas place called.....wait for it.....ADELA'S no joke!

    ReplyDelete