Monday, July 25, 2011

Front Porch Redo...Part I

The time has finally come!!  The exterior of our house is going to get a facelift tomorrow... 

Notice that the window and door trim, under the front porch roof, do not match the trim on the rest of the windows?? 



The trim on them is dark brown, so it's rather dreary when you sit on the porch.  Things need to be brightened up a bit!  We're using the same creamy yellow paint that's on the rest of the house.
And see the house numbers over the door?...and the little tiny (but cute as a button) ceiling light??  They'll be replaced too.



I'm going to put new larger numbers on the interior door on that raised panel in the middle of the door (see it above?), and get a new handle on the storm door...bye-bye standard black handle!


Not sure if you can truly tell from these pictures, but that floor paint is the most hideous paint EVER!!  It's painted like a patchwork quilt. I really don't know who would paint part of it dark red, and the other part barn red, but man!!  Is it an eye sore!  I can't WAIT for my new floor!! 


And finally the ceiling light...

I've loved this little light ever since we moved in...  but it's just not substantial enough for this big square house.  I ordered one from our local light store (trying to support the locals!!) that's big and rectangular...more of an Arts & Crafts style light with clear seeded glass.  I'm very excited for that! 

So stay tuned for my next post.  Hopefully I'll have an update!!  Painter comes tomorrow at 7:30am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment