Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I got the bug

Ok, so today I insisted on was invited to walk through the garden of my friend's neighbor.  This place is insane!  ~ in a good way~
From a distance, the garden looks like a meandering flower garden.  Tracie is so knowledgeable of all types of flowers (annuals, perennials, and the ones that reseed themselves~whatever they're truly called??)  Little did I know that once inside the homemade gate made of PVC piping, I'd find a plethera of veggies and herbs as well.  I thought MY tomatoes were tall.  Man!  She totally put mine to shame.  Hers are taller than me BY FAR and are surrounded by, not cages, but cement sidewalk support wire (or something like that!)  You can tell she's thoroughly pleased with everything.  All her walkways are lined with hay or cut grass clippings.  With how BIG it is, I was impressed with the tidiness and few weeds.  She held a garden 'forky thing' in her hand as she pointed to different plants and taught me a few things....like the fact that I MUST plant "4 o'clocks" next year (which are the prettiest flower that reseed) and some other taller purple flower, which I canNOT for the life of me remember the name of ... urgh!!!!  Shoot. ...and that I need to leave my green peppers on the vine MUCH LONGER than I have been or they won't taste good (what can I say?  I can antsy!!)...and that you can do a lot of building with PVC piping!
Anyway...  I really want to make my garden bigger.  Chris wants to get rid of the dumb patch of grass on the west end of the garden sections because it's a pain to mow...  that would give me 24 more squares of garden space!!!  Wow!  THEN...I want to fence in the whole thing MYSELF!!!  Or with friends!  Wouldn't that be fun!!  To put up a fence with friends??  I would kill Chris before we were finished if we attempted that project together.  Typically we make a GREAT team with projects...but not when there are tools and assembling involved. 
So now...I'll be on google images and blogs forEV looking for the perfect fence!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment