Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ho...Hum...

I'm getting extremely impatient with this gardening bit.  We came back from vacation last week and everything had grown so well...cukes were incredible.  But now?  Everything seems to be at a standstill and I'm not liking it at all.  I've been staring at the same 4 jalepenos for a week...I swear they've only grown 1 millimeter and ALL my tomatoes are green....STILL!!  I haven't gotten one yet.  There are about 8,742 tomatoes on the vine, but they're just sittin' there starin' at me with their green faces.  Ugh. 
Today, I had to tie cotton string to the cages to keep them from falling over.  The fruit is getting so heavy it's pulling the cages right out of the soil.  I guess that's a good thing....but geesh!!  Bring on the red for heaven's sake!!  Maybe I'm watering them too much.  I'll have to research that. 
My eggplants still have those darned black teensy-weensies on them.  They're the bugs that are the size of course pepper.  (I tried uploading a pic. but it won't work...maybe later!) Last year I sprayed them with soapy water twice daily and it killed them...or else made them dislike the nasty flavor and they went away....but this year....nope!.  They're still hangin' out. 
I do have a cute little chipmunk friend that lives nearby in the rain gutter.  Too bad he can't kill the teensy-weensies for me.  I think he likes to catch the shade under the beans.  Too cute!! 
Hopefully, in another week, I'll post something positive about my 2011 garden...but for now???   Grrrrrrrr!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment